Kapha people tend to have the following attributes, does this sound like you?
- Are you loving, stable and grounded?
- Do you have a heavy set build with heavy bones and muscles?
- Do you have a strong appetite with a slow metabolism?
- Put on weight by just looking at food?
- Tendency to be sleepy and lazy?
- Sluggish, carry excess weight and water retention
- Prone to mucus, flu & sinus congestion?
- Respiratory problems due to congestion?
- Your sweet tooth and your tendency to turn to food for emotional support can lead to weight problems.
- Attracted to sweet, salty and oily foods?
If the above description sounds a lot like you, it is possible you have what Ayurveda — the ancient Indian Science of Health and Wellbeing — refers to as a predominantly a Kapha-type constitution.
Foods that are great for balancing Kapha, in general, are pungent, bitter, and astringent in taste. Ayurveda considers these tastes to be the medicine for warming, drying, and stimulating digestion for Kapha. The Spice Trading Company’s KAPHA SEASONING MIX is ideal to season in your cooking, sprinkle on food or mix ½ tsp with warm water half an hour before meals to stimulate your digestion. KAPHA SEASONING MIX will warm your insides, invigorate, stimulate & energise you! Perfect for when you are feeling slow, sluggish & lethargic! Perfect in the Winter! Heating herbs & spices have the qualities to be heating on the inside but this does not mean they are spicy to taste.⠀
Kapha Seasoning Mix is an Ayurvedic blend of herbs and spices. Please see the Kapha Ingredients in Depth.
Kapha Seasoning Mix may cause the body to heat up and flush unwanted toxins. If this becomes unsettling in your stomach reduce your intake.
For further information on Kapha Imbalances in the body, please see below –
IMBALANCED KAPHA IN THE BODY CAUSES –
- Excess mucus, allergies, and congestion in the respiratory tract. Our bodies often become lethargic and overweight.
- Foods that increase Kapha are, in general, sweet, sour, and salty. These tastes, if in excessive consumption can cause imbalanced Kapha in your Prakriti (constitution) and it can create heavy, sluggish, wet digestion.
- Kapha is dominant in late Winter and Early Spring.
According to Ayurveda, this will cause digestive hardship for Kapha and an eventual range of imbalances. Sluggishness, excess weight, diabetes, water retention, and headaches are not uncommon for you.